Greetings all;

Given that the bull gear in this lathe is exactly 6" in diameter at the
outer face of the teeth;

Given that it has 60 teeth;

Given that the ATS-667's are mounted so as to clear the teeth by about 10
to 15 thou and they are slightly thicker than 5/32" inch.  That would
add about 3/16" to the radius of the arc they are mounted in, or 3/8" to
the diameter;

The mounting bracket currently has a slot per ATS-667 with around 1/16"
of sideways motion per pocket;

How far apart are they to be to output a good quadrature signal?

Mounting them with JBKwik weld seems to be a lot less forgiving because
its not possible to move them a few thou to fine tune like it was when
using relatively flexible goop.

Or do I need to redesign the bracket to make one holding slot adjustable
somehow?

Thanks all.

 - Louis D. Brandeis