I've got Mecsoft AlibreCAM generating the tool paths for this in the attached
photo.  It's Cold Rolled steel 3/16" thick.  I'm using a 1/4" HSS end mill.
I'm trying to figure out, using Machinists tool box, exactly what feeds and
speeds could be used for milling the slot.

I was thinking 30 SFM and with a 4 flute end mill doing 0.003" per flute the
toolbox comes out with  460RPM, 5.5ipm for S460 and F5.5 and 10% of tool
diameter for depth per pass so 0.025"

Is that too conservative or likely to break something?  Doing it manually I'd
do it by feel but once it's automatic it's harder to decide SFM and chip load.

Thanks
John