On Thu, 20 Feb 2020, Gene Heskett wrote:

Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 19:47:32 -0500
From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Back to confusing puzzles.

Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 18:09:07 -0500
From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Emc-users] Back to confusing puzzles.

Greetings all;

I have added a 40 amp SSR in the relay box with the two that are
sequencing the spindle's psu startup for a soft start, but its not
intentionally connected to those 2  other than as a power src when
its enabled.  Except this one is to be enabled by the E-stop.out
signal when its on, f1 pushed once after start.  The idea is to turn
on motor power etc to the remainder of the system with the F1 key.

I have a std 5 axis bob on the 5i25's P2.

But I am not having any luck finding what would be gpio.020, aka the
5i25's p2 pin 3 at the bob that's plugged into p2 on the 5i25. I can
find 2 or 3 pins at ground when LCNC is started, and enabled, but
not on the x connector. All are logic 1 or 5 volts on a DVM then
LCNC is stopped.  So what would be the correct pin of a std bob to
hit the enable signal of what the what the bob thinks is x-enable?
If it was the 5i25 p3, it would be gpio.003.  But its not and I'm
lost, What I want to do is feed the bobs 5 volts to the + label of
the SSR, and send a logic 0 to the - terminal to enable the SSR.
But what I see in dmesg and in halconfig or halmeter, isn't match my
old thinker's conclusions. And it looks like I should be using an
in-not because e-stop-out is high when F1 is on and I need to
invert, only when LCNC is running.

Thanks all.

r>

If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law
respectable. - Louis D. Brandeis

P2 pin 4 = DB25 pin 15 = GPIO20

is pin 3 then pin 19?

As I add stuff to help me use a BS-1, if I've got motors enough to move
it, I want to cut some gears with it. But I didn't realize how heavy the
BS-1 was before it fell out of a ups truck in front of the house. In the
ragged cardboard box, close to 90kg's.  Might be a bit much for a G0704.

I wondered about that as I was coming to the house to see about some
found for me and the Missus. I'll likely see about it tommorrow.  Its
keeping $400 worth the 1x12 mahogany from blowing away as I've not
completed a skyhook for the hoist above the G0704 yet.  Need warmer,
very quiet weather to weld first.

Thanks Peter.

HDR26 <--> DB25

-- P2           26 HDR  DB25