Hi Dave,
On 2020-03-18 11:05, dave engvall wrote:
Hi,

Or maybe it is web search dumb. Usually I do better but:

I have the osh park board for Rpi4b to 7i90 ordered. However I think I

Which OSH board? Interested to know for my own use.

can plug a 40 pin (2 x 20) idc directly into the pi and come off the other side of the board with a 26 pin (2x13) directly into the 7i90. No cable to fool with. Just carefully making mounting that matches the physical requirements. Using a right angle connector to get to the 7i90 would make things neater. IOW   40 pin to osh-park board to 26 pin (R/A) or straight to 7i90.

Quality of flat cables properties is not always the same. When IDE and SCSI disk drives were top of high tech, there were two types of better flat cables. One kind had a shield on one side, the other had twisted pair wires next to each other. I keep old flat cables around for critical CNC or other embedded use. I cut off unneeded sides in some cases and add new connector.

You have to be sure which side you put the connector on. You may accidentally "rewire" pins. Guess how I learned that?

My small mill now has glass scales (0.0002)  on X and Y so making simple stuff is easy, especially out of aluminum. I do almost nothing in Al so I am continually amazed at how easy it mills. Especially with Zr coating. Surplus Boeing from a long time ago; before they closed the surplus store.

Any dust related problem?

Part numbers from Mouser, Digikey, Allied would be most helpful.

TIA

I suspect I'm house bound ... with a 100' leash to reach the shop for several weeks but UPS/BBT (big brown truck) still works. Stats say one is fairly safe unless you have a condition that makes you more vulnerable.

I carefully clean any package delivered to my house. You never know what's inside or who touched it intentionally or by accident. This reminds me of the following from the 80s.

One company I was working for was a DEC representative in part of EU. Many spare parts came wrapped in bubble packaging. That was a novelty east of Iron curtain. Some coworkers kept popping bubbles. That stopped only after I said that bubbles might contain special gas sent by "capitalists" to trigger people to overthrow the commie paradise.

What if ...? Never mind, all knowing genius will attack me anyway.

This state has been really hit hard; the nursing home in Kirkland didn't help. Even worse is that a person can pass it on before they have symptoms.

https://informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/covid-19-coronavirus-infographic-datapack/?fbclid=IwAR0CAPMO2oHOLZyB07vBhdbLvAjUcQ6RiifnOZJDt6sdMrSV1MWL-2Y0bv8

Hang tough, be careful.

Dave

Thanks for civilized email exchange and helpful link.

--
Rafael Skodlar