Thank you guys,

I think I'm going to stick to what I was planning. Use the alarm component
to inhibit the feed or turn off the machine via the motion.enable pin and
use the external e-stop button to turn off the contactors that feed the
servos. I have it this way on the other machines but I can't access to the
config right now.

It's funny but being used to only turn on and put the machine to work makes
me forget some basic stuff I already did a few  years ago. I need to play
with this stuff more often I guess :).