There are times when letting the smoke escape becomes part of the learning
process :)

Thanks for your guidance Gene. Would think the DC motor energy would be
absorbed by the act of tapping once the M3 is turned off? Surely the G33.1
cycle doesn't flip from 500 CW to 500 CCW does it? I'm going to want to
initiate that cycle with a slow spindle to begin with and I'm not sure how
built-in speed ramp controlled by the MC-2100 will handle this. A hacked in
pause between M3 and M4 may be order, huh?