Hello to all,

I've been playing and turning several pieces so far but I'm curious about
what I did today.

I have set 3 tools on the turret that are the ones I use more often (5 mm
grooving tool and left and right VBMT facing tools). So whenever I turn a
new part, I only change the G54 offset for the Z axis since all the tools
were set at the first use.

Today I added a new tool, and what surprised me is that I could do the
following:

I set the Z offset for the G54 coordinate with the facing tool that was
already set and then I took a skim cut with the new unsetted tool on the
same face (Z0 position for the workpiece) and touch off the Z axis for that
tool with a 0 value. Then I re checked all the other tools and they are all
showing 0 on the face of the workpiece. Is this the normal behaviour? or is
this just coincidence?

Normally, with the mazatrol control I had to take the skim cut and manually
do the addition/sustraction for the unsetted tool on the tool table.

Regards,

Leonardo