My glass plate is clipped onto the aluminium plate under which is the heater
PCB.  Under that I inserted a black insulating blanket used to shield the
joists while soldering copper pipes.  I found that by insulating the bottom of
the moving bed that more of the heat is retained and what i reported by the
temperature sensor matched the heat measured on the glass plate.

I use Bon Ami cleanser to clean the plate of the microscopic thick plastic
residue and oily finger grease  and that is often enough.  And if not I add a
thin film of hair spray.

You also have to look at the engineering of the part and how it will shrink
upwards and lift off the plate.  Sometimes just adding extra pads that you cut
off later helps hold things down.

John