On Monday 13 July 2020 12:00:19 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jul 2020, Ralph Stirling wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 13:15:27 +0000
> > From: Ralph Stirling <ralph.stirl...@wallawalla.edu>
> > To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)"
> > <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Because
> > the hardware store was 4 miles away...
> >
> > Perhaps Peter could write a hostmot2 axis offset module that would
> > run in the fpga.  No base thread needed.
> >
> > -- Ralph
>
> Oh No, thats definately the wrong design path, the philosophy here is
> to push all the hard work into someone elses domain... :-)

ROTFLMAO, Peter see's right thru us. ;-) But seriously, the FPGA does
seem like the ideal place for such a module. On chip com with the chosen
stepgenerator removes that particular bandwidth limit. I could also see
it doubleing the size of the FPGA needed so its not going to be free.  I
think, not knowing the first thing about writing FPGA code.  :-(

[...]

 - Louis D. Brandeis