On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 7:28 PM R C <cjv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting,
>

> but I already have the motors,  and  the gears are on their way.   What
> I was really looking for is how to drive the stepper-drivers, he DM542
> series ones.

Do you have the user manual for the DM542?   If not look at the top top
half of page 9 here https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/download/DM542T.pdf

It tells you things like how long you need to hold the "DIR" pin before the
next step pulse and  the minimum pulse widths.

I'd make them all larger than needed by about 4X because you are not trying
to make these go fast.  In fact, a 50% duty cycle square wave works fine.

What you do is in the loop when you set a pin high you store the time for
when it must be set low and every time through the loop you do whatever has
a time-to-do that is expired.  You can juggle N balls at once in one loop
this way.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California