Hi Jon,
You're right.  That's fixed now.  As is the Peak Torque value too.

My INI file for Y axis which uses a KL34-180-90 DC servo (226 oz-in,  3000 RPM)
has to move the X table and Y plus rotary section in between which I'd guess at
400 lbs so...
http://www.autoartisans.com/milton.htm   The same as the Grizzly G3616.  The X
pivots for Horizontal Milling and helical gear cutting.  Except I don't have
the horizontal mill feature.  That was the G3617.

MAX_VELOCITY = 2.5
MAX_ACCELERATION = 7.5

If Gravity is 32 ft/sec^2 then it's also 2.66667 in/sec^2.  So if we multiply
the G value by that now taking into account the Reduction ratio I get 11.83
in/sec^2

Does that mean the MAX_ACCELERATION value can actually be set to 11.83?

And since the Peak Force is 4x that assuming I can draw 40A then the backlash
value (2x MAX_ACCELERATION)
STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 15.0
could also be larger.

A reasonable assumption is that the power supply will be at least capable of
suppling the continuous motor torque value.  Otherwise we'd have to add
Continuous Current, Power Supply Current and Peak Current values and then scale
the Cont. Torque by that value.

It's a bit harder to calculate peak current.  My linear toroid based supply is
up in the 26A range well above the 7.8A continuous.

What else would you like on this form?  Have I missed anything else?

Cheers,
John Dammeyer