Hi Jon,
How did you come up with the constant 0.0318?

" So, that 100 oz-in motor (0.52 lb-ft) would
produce 0.52/0.0318 = 16.35 lbs of linear force (neglecting
friction)."

And how did you work out the 5G?

"So, if your machine has a 200 Lb table, and the leadscrew
were to produce 1000 Lbs linear force,
it would accelerate at 5 G?

It would be handy to have a spreadsheet where once can key in motor in oz-in or
Nm, max RPM, reduction ratio, and table weight.  Maybe even in addition to
screw pitch and an acme or ball tweak factor.

Heck I'll whip up a Lazarus Free Pascal program with all the entry fields for
this.  It would run on Linux, PCs, MACs,  Beagles and Pi computers.  I just
need a bit more of the math/constants behind it.

John Dammeyer