Start with a 226 oz in

/ 16 = 14.125 lb in

5 threads per inch is the same as a belt pulley with a circumference of 0.2
inches

since our unit is in lb in, we need to go from a pulley with diameter of
Pi, to diameter of .2

thus our final force is 14.125 * (pi/0.2) = 221.875 pounds (poundal?) force

divide that by your mass of 200lb and you get

1.109 g

1g = roughly 32in/s^2 so

35.69 in/s^2

This is close to your ballpark guess of 40

Did I make a mistake anywhere?