In my case the Motor inertia is 3.4kg/cm^2.  And I agree. I still even have
alignment issues that result in different sounds depending on where the lead
screw and table are.  And my acme screw is 1"diameter.  (25.4mm)

However, I suspect that the energy required to spin the pulleys and lead screw
(1000 RPM for the lead screw with 3:1 on the motor) is a small part of moving a
220 lb (100kg) table with a motor rated at 226 oz.in (x3 with reduction = 678
oz-in or 4.8Nm on lead screw).

The HP_UHU servo has two comparators for current limit and two trim pots for
adjustment.  One sets high speed and the signal is filtered with a RC 820 Ohm
and 470pF cap.  The other sets low speed continuous stall current with 330K and
220uF.   I imagine your servo drives have something similar.   I guess
theoretically you set the high speed for the Peak Current of 40A and the
Continuous for 7.8A.

Those two settings will probably have far more to do with the MAX_ACCELERATION
value than lead screw or pulley inertia.  But none of that changes the math I
did that suggested the acceleration with this motor could be set at 100x of
what actually works.   And the magic number in the math is the assumption that
the units are G.

I have to leave this alone for a while.  When I have some room and access with
my 4 channel scope I'll take a look at the current limit signals relative to
encoder pulses to see what's going on.  As I said earlier, my little Lazarus
program at the moment is junk because it makes an assumption on units of
gravity that I don't think are valid.

John Dammeyer