I forgot to mention I think there’s a way to alter the startup defaults.
According to the link below, editing "imperial_startup.ngc" can be set to your
desired parameters, but if you have a reason to change the P value (like using
a different value for roughing) it won’t return to that value.

See here:  https://forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/37612-cut-path-not-following-gcode