The problem is not the touch screen.  That is easy and is very little
different from a mouse.  Your code has to respond to input in the same way.

The hard part, by far is designing a good conversational system.  Tormach
ha "path pilot".  Something like that requires a lot of thinking and
planning.  Writing the software is the easy part, the design is harder.

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 11:13 AM N <nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Wed, 2 Sep 2020 at 22:42, Kirk Wallace <kwall...@wallacecompany.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Given enough development time and money, my guess is that a LinuxCNC
> GUI
> > > could be very similar. The only basically new feature is the swipe and
> > > gesture touch feature, which Linux/LinuxCNC should be able to use. Or,
> > > ... I may be way off base.
> >

> > No, I think it is absolutely possible. There may even be programmers
> > out there who work on iPad apps who would look at that and say "yes,
> > that's pretty simple".
> > But I don't imagine it's any of us.
>
> Programming might be simple, to move 4-8 ton heavy machines without
> spending to much money is harder and then they need a dry home with enough
> power.
>
> Nicklas Karlsson

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California