On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 5:03 AM andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

----------------

> 1) The Wifi chip needs proprietary drivers. The installer does not
> appear to know how to get these.
> 2) Installation of Grub2 failed the first time. Google suggested that
> it would succeed if the machine had a network connection, and by
> plugging in an ethernet connection the process went smoothly.

I hit #1 when I did my last install.  I couldn't get the GUI based
installer to bypass the network stuff and ended up using the text
based installer.  Is there any way to get the GUI based installer to
bypass network stuff?  It seems like it wasn't totally obvious how to
get the install to work on the text based installer.

Dave