well, I havebeen coding for a good long while,  I wouldn't know the first thing about CNC Linux, but

would be interested in doing something with sensors, or those quadrature encoders...  BUT  it's pretty  hard to find any info

about details like that, and how it would fit in (for example,  I assume you can't 'steal' too many cycles.)

But I agree, there are tons of people that work on it,  there are a lot more that work with it,  so just saying, create your own fork/branch is

saying the same as "no, go away..."  besides,  what is the point of having dozens of distros?

I like it, I like the work that's done, I  don't know much about CNC machining (that is an overstatement actually), and it probably does a lot more then I ever use, or have the time to understand.

so..  uhm..   thanks for those that do the work...

Ron