Hey guys

just a few thoughts here.

I have a high speed cnc machining center (cnc mill)

it has 16mm pitch ballscrews and weighs 6ton

linuxcnc is awesome and does a great job controlling it.  I make plastic
injection molds and lots of 3d machining all the time.  plus all the little
jobs that a cnc is great for.

I think the only thing lacking from linuxcnc for my use is some sort of
jerk control for corners.  there may already be something around that
solves the issue though without jerk control.  so what happens is when the
machine changes direction the whole machine vibrates and jumps around.  its
quite bad.  enough that I may rubber mount the electrical box lol.

I have accelerations of 750 (i think it is mm/sec2)

and max rapids of 8m/min

I would love to turn those up to like 25m/min rapid and 2000mm/sec2
accelerations

has any one tried any form of jerk control yet on linuxcnc?  or wants to
have a play and code it.  I have 3 6 ton cnc machines that will all use
linuxcnc so very keen to solve this jerk control issue.

regards

Andrew