Sounds like you have a bad algae growing in the system.   I have seen some
algae go for the plastic/poly, and eventually break it down.
It may take a medium to strong caustic (Draino) solution to break it down.
But that might not be very good for the internals of the motor.
Without knowing what materials are used inside the motor, caustic might be
risky!
Have you considered putting a UV light over the tank to try to keep the
coolant sterile?

--J. Ray Mitchell Jr.
jrmitche...@gmail.com

"Good enough is the enemy of excellence"author unknown