OK, then you likely don't need a FT232 chip.   The microcontroller,
whichever one you use, will likely have USB2 built-in.   Or just make sure
it does, so many chips have this.

Most chips like the STM32 will have quite a lot of peripherals built-in.
USB, UARTS and analog and counters, and "whatever".  You almost never need
external chips.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California