Thanks for I'm unsure how that helps. My widget interfaces to
LinuxCNC/PathPilot as a serial device rather than as a mouse or keyboard.
What should my entry in udev/rules.d look like?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Albertson <albertson.ch...@gmail.com>
Sent: December 4, 2020 12:36 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC) <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] USB - Serial question

With Arduino, the test is not to simply plug in the device.  Look at
File->Examples->USB and run the sketch.

While the Arduino itself shows as a serial device, the example shows you how
to enumerate some other device, like a mouse, keyboard, or mass
storage.   This would be done only AFTER the .begin() is called.

The idea is that you enumerate a "MyCNCmill" device or whatever else you
want to call it.   Verify it works by placing a 30 second delay in the
example code.