On Wednesday 10 February 2021 11:20:22 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 02/10/2021 01:12 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > FERROR = 0.50
> > MIN_FERROR = 0.25
> >
> > And as you can see, running errors allowed are fairly
> > large as I am not done tuning.
>
> Geez, these don't protect you at all from something going wrong!
> Here's the settings on my X axis :
>
> FERROR = 0.003
> MIN_FERROR = 0.005
>
> Jon
You may be forgetting that this is calibrated in a degree
Because of this message I went out to play some more, and now have it
working a little better ack the halscope.

#********************
# Axis A
#********************
[AXIS_A]
MAX_VELOCITY            = 30.000
MAX_ACCELERATION        = 1000.00

[JOINT_3]
TYPE                            = ANGULAR
HOME                            = 0.0
HOME_SEQUENCE           = 3
HOME_SEARCH_VEL         = 9.0
HOME_LATCH_VEL          = -1.0
HOME_FINAL_VEL          = 30
HOME_OFFSET                     = 4.498500
VOLATILE_HOME           = 1
FERROR                          = 0.01250
MIN_FERROR                      = 0.00625
MAX_VELOCITY            = 30.000
MAX_ACCELERATION        = 1000.00
P                               = 1000
I                               = 0.500
D                               = 0.500
FF0                             = 0
FF1                             = 20.5
FF2                             = 0.35
BIAS                            = 0
DEADBAND                        = 0.00015
BACKLASH                        = .00001
MAX_OUTPUT                      = 900.0000
SERVO_SCALE                     = 666.6666666666667
PWMGEN_TYPE                     = 2

And its now moving 20% faster, DRO now says 1800 degrees/minute, and it
settles at about -0.00035 degrees from where its G0 commanded on
average. there is about a -0.0005 bias that must be coming from the home
command time delays in getting the home switch status, that particular
signal is coming in thru a Sainsmart bob, feeding P2 on a 5i25 with its
input filtering caps on the bob having been removed. So the switch
status is quantized by the servo thread period. With this new computer
in might be educational to try a faster servo thread to see if some of
that error goes away.

And in about an hours playing I did not trigger a single following error.

I have no clue what the unit for this error is, the halscope shows it in
milivolts about 150 peak at a motion start, cruize settle at a noisy
zero, adjusted by for bias with FF1, and FF2 can bury the stop spike in
the noise. The start spike might be somewhat reduced by Dgain but I
didn't play with that today. Yet. I have a new camera to play with
first. And a pepperoni roll to call lunch, and mother nature is throwing
big fluffy snow flakes at me.

You may not be impressed, but I think I've done quite well for basically
building a servo to drive a BS-1 out of cheap, and unrelated ebay parts.

Thanks Jon

 - Louis D. Brandeis