On 02/15/2021 05:21 AM, Matthew Herd wrote:
Tying SSR8’s together should work fine for me, since I’ve wired the enables to
the second board’s SSR8.  Changing to dout.07 is easy enough.

I don’t have the boards here to visually verify, but I did set switch 10 before
installing.  I also wired up the boards with the ribbon cable configured as you
specified.  Both boards show up using the diagnostics program’s bus display,
with the second (older) board identifying as version 3, and the first board as
version 5.  On the HAL Configuration window, all pins from both boards
enumerate as expected.

OK, then, when you have the univstep_io.hal file changed to send the out-of-estop command to dout.07, it ought to work, as long as none of the related addf's in univstep_load.hal have been moved in the wrong order. If not, send me your univstep_load.hal file, and I'll see if I can see what is wrong. But, hopefully, it will just work.

Jon