On Wednesday 17 February 2021 04:25:57 andy pugh wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 at 01:23, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > How should I proceed?
>
> Is it really too hard to just reboot from a different INI file?
>
> Most of the HAL can stay the same with the right splitting up of the
> HAL files, and much of the INI can be common too, using #INCLUDE in
> the master INI file for each config.
> http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/config/ini-config.html#_include_files

That would work, but still leaves me trying to keep 2 or more ini files
synchronized, because there is no way to make one master file call in
the correct .inc's for each config. However, inverting the idea might
work, have each custom file call the same master.inc for all the common
stuffs but different hal files. Lots of editing ensues either way.

Thanks Andy

 - Louis D. Brandeis