Hi Nicklas,
Can you point me in the direction of the documentation and code examples for
this?  Not really sure where to look.  In order to familiarize myself with the
TI TMS320F28379D processor I bought a LaunchPad
https://www.ti.com/tool/LAUNCHXL-F28379D

So far I have serial, timer working and CAN almost functional so I'm cloning a
simple version of the CANUSB.  Below is the output when connected to it with
PuTTY at 115200 baud.

TMS320F28379D Interface Program 1.00a
>?

TMS320F28379D Interface Program 1.00a
C)lose CAN Port
e)cho user input toggle
O)pen CAN Port
S)et CAN Bitrate 0..8
t)ransmit 11 bit message tiiilnnnn...
T)ransmit 29 bit message teeeeeeeelnnnn...
? -- This help screen

Once I've got CAN totally functional I'm going to connect a couple of encoders
to the quadrature connectors and use the second processor to read those.  There
are also PWM outputs so I could theoretically create a module that does closed
loop motor control.    For now it's all experimental but having it report say
spindle RPM into LinuxCNC would be a good exercise.

John