I wonder if asciidoc or dblatex that's munging the HTML output.  Maybe some
new version that needs a new qualifier to generate the minus sign rather
than the hyphen.  Looks like there's already a conf file that doesn't allow
replacements for the arrows.  Maybe there's another qualifier that has to
be used with the possibly updated software?

Mark