On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 12:11 AM Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> I guess I'm one of the guys that grew up reading the printed word, and to
> this day I grasp a howto 10 times better by reading it on paper.
>
> So, how is the best way to get a paper copy of a man page, since man
> doesn't seem to have the ability to redirect its screen output to a

I've never done it myself but the following pages offer a few different
ways, including piping them through some programs on the way to the printer
or converting them to text, html, postscript, and pdf, from which formats
they can be printed as well:

https://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-do-i-print-out-a-linux-man-or-info-page.html

https://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=597697&seqNum=6

https://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=430844&seqNum=2

That last one mentioned html which reminded me that many Linux man pages
are online in HTML format and it might just be easier to navigate over to
one of the websites that has them and print them from your web browser.
Here are a few:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/

https://www.man7.org/linux/man-pages/

https://linux.die.net/man/

There are also the DistroWatch simplified man pages:

https://distrowatch.com/dwres-mobile.php?resource=man-pages

Hope that helps,
Nathan