On 3/26/21 3:34 PM, Feral Engineer wrote:
Does anyone have a working solution for using Heidenhain LS403 scales with
LinuxCNC? They're 2 phase sinusoidal feedback. Trying to connect to a mesa
7i95.

Phil T.
The Feral Engineer

They used to build these with fancy analog circuits - today you can get cheap uP with 14bit A/D and the rest would 'just' be a 'little' software - Easier than SDR(Software Defined Radio) - but I wonder if they just use the older chips?

Looks like these guys make some chips - with datasheets in English!

http://www.ichauschina.com/en/products/interpolator.htm

AMS makes some of these as well - the main chip was $18- but I would find something that all you need to do is build a cable.