hey are people getting this?

I just got a email saying it got bounced

update on encoder splitting to altivar vfd and mesa card

hey guys just a update and a few more questions

so I managed to get the encoder mounted on my spindle and working fine.
the vfd works in closed loop control now and I get quite nice power control
at almost zero rpm its great actually.

now I need to get that encoder output into my mesa card

the encoder I have can have any voltage from 5/25 and output equals input.

the vfd senses low state at under 1.5 and high state at over 7.7v

the vfd sends 12v out into encoder currently

so my plan is to just put a resistor in series on the 12 v out to encoder
to bring the power down to 10v or so.  then the mesa ency card will work I
think and I can split off the feedback to the mesa card and get the
orientation in linuxcnc working and rigid tapping.

so big question is what value of resistor do i need to bring the volts down
a bit.

regards

Andrew