From: John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2021 8:26 PM
To: 'Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)' <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Can't find the PP. Where is lspci or equiv ?

[EXTERNAL EMAIL] Be sure links are safe.

> From: Jon Elson [mailto:el...@pico-systems.com]
> >

> On some installs, for some reason, lspci is not listed in the right
> library, and you have to use /sbin/lspci
>
> I have no idea why, might be a Debian idea.
>
> You DO have to run it under sudo or with privileges to see all the
> details of devices, but the basic info of device type will show
> without sudo.
>
> Jon

I thought I'd try that on my LinuxCNC system.  With or without sudo it does
print a list of all the devices but it doesn't tell me the actual port address
of the standard port on the machine (0x378) which I know because when I dual
boot it into MACH3 instead of Linux and move the parallel port cable from the
MESA to the back of the machine it works with that address.

I haven't run it with the back of the machine in Linux for a while but the hal
file uses cfg=0 for the standard port and when I had a second PCI card
installed it was cfg=0x2000

John