I haven't got a spindle encoder mounted yet nor switched to step/dir for it.
Just PWM to 0V..10V from cheap far east module.  Only goes down to about 100
RPM.

Looking forward to mounting encoder so I can try power tapping.

This came with AlibreCAD 'Expert' subscription back in 2007.  Looks like it's
still available for download if one downloads a trial version of BobCAD.
https://www.machinist-toolbox.com/

My plan at the software end was to eventually create something like this but
written in Lazarus (Free Pascal) which means it would run on PCs with WIN or
Linux and Macs (or even the Pi or Beagle with MachineKit).  So far I've only
written the hole boring utility for which I believe I used Jon's C code
translated to Pascal.

The only issue with this small app is that LinuxCNC chokes on the I/J G-Code
with radius not equal error.  Haven't had a chance to look into that yet.  The
R approach does work. Either can be selected from the Options menu.

John Dammeyer