Gentlemen,
My experience programming a Fanuc 5T control starting in 1979 taught me the
IK calculation was VERY critical. If the IK values caused the control
calculated radius to be longer than the axis position commands the control
would choke on the G02/G03 line. The control would handle the xxx.xxxx
format commands. If the IK values would yield xxx.xxxx1 (.0001 or more
longer than the control calculated radius the axis positions calculated it
would error. I would always trig the value of the third leg using the
radius I was programming and one of the I or K values to calculate the
other I or K value. I would then use the calculated value without any
rounding. Sometimes I would still get an error. I would then subtract .0001
from the calculated leg and it always worked. That was my biggest hurdle to
programming the 5T control. Once I figured that out the rest was a breeze.
The one value at a time display was no help in figuring out the problem.
I don't know if the LinuxCNC protocol is the same.
HTH
Stuart

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 11:18 AM John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com>
wrote:

> I haven't got a spindle encoder mounted yet nor switched to step/dir for
> it.  Just PWM to 0V..10V from cheap far east module.  Only goes down to
> about 100 RPM.
>
> Looking forward to mounting encoder so I can try power tapping.
>
> This came with AlibreCAD 'Expert' subscription back in 2007.  Looks like
> it's still available for download if one downloads a trial version of
> BobCAD.
> https://www.machinist-toolbox.com/
>
> My plan at the software end was to eventually create something like this
> but written in Lazarus (Free Pascal) which means it would run on PCs with
> WIN or Linux and Macs (or even the Pi or Beagle with MachineKit).  So far
> I've only written the hole boring utility for which I believe I used Jon's
> C code translated to Pascal.
>
> The only issue with this small app is that LinuxCNC chokes on the I/J
> G-Code with radius not equal error.  Haven't had a chance to look into that
> yet.  The R approach does work. Either can be selected from the Options
> menu.
>

> John Dammeyer

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.