On 6/14/21 3:45 AM, andy pugh wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 at 01:45, R C <cjv...@gmail.com> wrote:

What would be the best way to replace the BOB-LPT stuff?
The most direct replacement for the PCI parallel port card would be a
Mesa 5i25. (or 6i25 if you are PCIe)

That looks just like a parallel port card, and hooks up in exactly the
same way.

Potentially up could add a back-panel adaptor for the second DB25 port
and have one connector for the lathe and one for the mill.

true,  BUT  those db25 connectorrs are a pain to route through walls etc,  bulky connectors.  So I like the idea of just using a cat 5  cable since they are easier to snake along stuff. (they are thinner too).

also cat5/6  is available in more lengths, and less expensive.

I see every other reply is saying "7i92" but I think your situation
looks more 5i25-shaped.