On 6/14/21 3:50 AM, andy pugh wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 at 02:16, R C <cjv...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have seen the 7i92  mentioned, and others,  can they do multiple stepper motors?  (right now I am using a parallel BOB,  that connects to  steopper drivers (ala DM542), which drive the actual steppers.)
The Mesa FPGA card replaces the parport card, and in some cases also
replaces the BoB.

The 5i25 and 7i92 replace only the Parport card and would retain the
same BoB. They can both be used with the same BoB as you currently
use, or you could use a 7i76 (probably overkill)

right I have been looking at some.  I don't mind using existing BOBs, since I have several, and since I am not really running high-tech, industrial stuff..  it shouldn't be too expensive.

(I saw some between 50-100 bucks, that would work (?)

Alternatively you could look at a 7i96 or 7i76E which both connect to
the ethernet port and replace both the parport card and the BoB.

I'll look into those too.

I wonder how these things need to be programmed though, John explained some of that.  I think in a bit, when I have more time, I  just buy a few and just jum in (but build a test setup first.

Ron

There are not any PCI cards which also directly replace the BoB, and
none that replace the stepper drivers.