From: Dave Matthews <n36...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2021 4:16 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC) <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Emc-users] M62/M63 with a pwm output possible?

[EXTERNAL EMAIL] Be sure links are safe.

I recently started playing with lightburn and want to do photos.  Using
M3/M5 Sxxx for laser control works fine for following lines but not for photos.
 I think that I want to use M62 along with an Sxxx for laser on and power
setting.  The laser power is controlled by PWMing the on/off pin.

Lightburn likes to use M106 and an S number for laser control.  I think it is
coming from M106 being used for fan on a Marlin 3d printer board.
Find/Replace M03 in place of the M106 sort of works but It does a laser on,
move, laser off so there is a lot of overburn.

Sample gcode from Lightburn:
; Image @ 2500 mm/min, 20% power
M8
M106 S0
G0X1.8487 Y0.8204 F0
; Layer C01
M106 S0
G1X0.041 F98.425
M106 S20
G1X0.29
M106 S0
G1X0.041
M106 S0

>From the docs it looks like M62 would do the job if I can also use the Sxxx to
>set the pwm.

Questions

- Is it possible to set up the digital pin associated with the M62 to be a PWM
output?
- Is there an example of how to do this?

Dave