Hi Peter,
I find it helps to draw a wiring diagram of where things are wired.  That’s
different from a schematic which just shows how things are connected.

For example, I've attached the old schematic of my mill wiring (before I
removed the two HP-UHU drives and wired in the quadrature encoder for the
spindle into the second Chinese BoB).  Note to self:  Really must update now
that I have AC servos on everything.

I have colour codes on there for wiring.  But it does not show the actual
wiring paths.  For example the 24V comes out of the Power Supply and splits in
two directions.  One to the DIN Rail for  the MiniBoB->STMBL drive, the STMBL
drive and 24V-16V UHU power supply.  >From there another DIN rail set of
terminal blocks to run power out to the Bergerda Spindle Interface and now the
Bergerda interface boards.

But the drawing doesn't actually show the DIN rails or wire lengths so there's
no way to see if the 24V system has ground loops etc.  Not from the Schematic.

So I still have to create a new 'mechanical' wiring diagram that shows where
rather than how things are connected.

John