well for what it is worth.

i have used radius values for the last 2 years on my mill and it has been
pretty good.

my mill is a full on VMC, its taiwinese thing chevalier 2040  similar to a
haas VF3  and sat most of its life with a dead control so the bed ways are
like new.  (also have the linear rail version of the same machine)

anyway i do quite a few injection molds on it and so far have never had a
problem.

i normally post the 3d surfacing code out at 0.02 mm step overs for the
smaller details stuff and never had a problem with accuracy

so i think for most people it doesn't matter.

cheers

andrew