How much power does your system use?  If it can be powered from a normal
120 volt AC  then you can buy a "Smart Outlet" that switches the 120V by
WiFi, cost about $10 or $15.  The Pi then can turn off or on any AC mains
powered device.  They sell these on Amazon or at Home Depot.     You can
buy them in a plug-in device or as a powerstrip where each socket is
addressable.   There are quite a few of these on the market.

Here is what I have:
amazon.com/dp/B07B8W2KHZ
<https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B8W2KHZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details>

Place the script to turn the power on and off in  /etc/rc5.d and /etc/rc6.d
and then it is done as the normal part of booting and shutdown.

If you like the device you can likely find a use for half dozen of them
around the house, use them like light timers with software that runs a
schedule 24/7 or use them to control AC powered stuff from a phone app.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 6:28 AM Thaddeus Waldner <thadw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On a small cnc machine run by a raspberry pi, I’d like to set up the main
> power to accomplish the following:
>
> 1)pressing the power button/flipping the switch turns on the machine
>
> 2) pressing the off button, the pi should first perform a shutdown then
> turn off the main power to all control power supplies.
>
> 3) shutting down the pi via the user interface turns off main power to all
> control power supplies when finished.
>
> I’m considering installing one of those powered mains disconnect switches,
> the likes of what you find in office photocopiers and industrial cnc
> machines.
>
> Any ideas?

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California