One option would be to generate one big G-code file, with the appropriate M-CODE to break it up, and an operator's comment to let you know which section is coming up next.

1.   The operator would get a message like:

          (Prepare to carve Billy G's name)

2.   Put the part in the vise and hit run.

3.   The operator get's a message:

          (Prepare to carve Billy G's nickname)

4.   Flip the blank and hit run.

5.   The operator get's a message:

          (Prepare to carve Terry M's name)

and so on.

  It would probably really mess up your back plot, but you could have your program generate each individual section with indexed names, like:

Names001.ngc

Names002.ngc

ETC.

So you could preview what F-Engrave did, but also have your program generate:

Names-ALL.ngc

for the actual cutting once you are satisfied with the g-code.