I believe that R arcs that are 90 degrees or less are going to come out very close to the IJK versions, but if you want a full circle, it's better to break it up into 4 90 degree arcs.  I don't know just where radius arcs start to diverge from IJK arcs, but I would guess that 180 and 360 degrees are problem spots.