On Tuesday, 8 March 2022 04:09:35 EST gene heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday, 8 March 2022 02:16:38 EST jeanfrancois wrote:
> > Hi, goog day
> >
> > Interesting, we areworking on the development of 3D printer, although
> > it's using an uncalibrated magnetic sensor, I haven't yet tested its
> > accuracy. It was said .1 is difficult to reach with this, and instead
> > some use a contact probe for the Z homing purpose.
In that case, you don't care about its accuracy. Period, end of
discussion.

What you do care about, is its repeatability, and that has been more than
adequately proved by the near take-over of inductive means in those
printers NOT useing thick borosilicate glass beds, something I've
personally found not worth the hassle. I'd druther have the coated steel
sheet held down by strong magnets. I can take it off and take it to the
kitchen sink for a coating cleanup, followed by a few swipes with alky to
remove any handling finger oils and then a fresh smooth coat of your fav
bed adhesive.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis