On Thursday, 31 March 2022 03:41:01 EDT andy pugh wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 at 07:18, andrew beck <andrewbeck0...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > And I'm thinking I may need two discs.  One above the other so I can
> > use a index sensor on the top layer.
>
> Generally one slot is made deeper, and a third sensor (possibly with a
> deeper fork) is used that can see the deeper section.

If 3, and they can be bent slightly, use the outside ones for quadrature,
and the center one to read the long slot. I used honeywells for a couple
years on my mill that way. Getting the mill to carve me a good disk in
the size I had room for was the critical part.
> --
> atp
> "A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is
> designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and
> lunatics."
> — George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1912

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis