On Monday, 18 April 2022 13:49:36 EDT gene heskett wrote:
> On Monday, 18 April 2022 10:38:10 EDT Peter C. Wallace wrote:
> > On Mon, 18 Apr 2022, gene heskett wrote:
> > > Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 04:19:27 -0400
> > > From: gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> > >
> > >     <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> > >
> > > To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)"
> > > <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Subject: [Emc-users] nother Q for
> > > Peter
> > >
> > > Greetings;
> > >
> > > How does the A/D on a 7i76D handle overvoltage? I'm considering a
> > > long
> > > tailed vfet pair with a 22k pullup to 42 volts. Does it just goto
> > > full
> > > scale at an $FF output, or will that blow something?
> >
> > Full scale (inputs will take up to 100V indefinitely)
> > but adjacent inputs  may read incorrectly if more than about
> > 50V is suppled (due to current injection into parasitic
> > transistors related to the input ESD diodes of the CPU)
>
> Excellent news Peter, I'm off to the races then.

But the starting gate won't open. I've re-read 7i76man.pdf several times
w/o the method of actually getting the digital value from one of the 4
ports it works for. I have something tied to port-0, but I think that may
be a leftover from before I used the hy-485 module to drive the spindle,
so it looks like I should figure on using port-1.

How does reading an A/D derived digital value from port-1 get done in the
hal file?

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)