On Tuesday, 19 April 2022 12:54:44 EDT andy pugh wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2022 at 17:28, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > Can I access it raw as the hex value?
>
> Yes, but why?
>
> >  volts doesn't really represent what
> >
> > I need to work with
>
> What do you need to work with?
>
> > How would I go about determining the resistor value to feed that
> > input
> > from nominally 42.3 volts to just bring it to full scale?
>
> Why not use a divider network?

Thats only part of it Andy. There will be a transistors collector tied to
the 36 volt point, pulling it down according the the amplified, inverted
output of a MAP, which is a 5 volt device with a very puny output. 100
microamps max. A very old tech called a long tailed pair, useing the base
voltage of the right hand transistor to zero out the first 15 psia out of
the MAP by holding the left emmitter above cutoff.  Not interested in the
non-existant vacuum, only the boost the compressors are giving. 2-4 psi
will run the mister, or with the liquid pump turned off, will help clear
away the sawdust from making the screw. Hopefully without blowing it all
over the place.

> --
> atp
> "A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is
> designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and
> lunatics."
> — George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1912

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis