On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 8:28 AM gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> > No worries.  The DRO puts out 1.5VDC through the Vpos and Vneg lines.
> > I'm not plugging the scale into a PC or anything like that.  The scale
> > is plugged into the DRO-350.  All I'm trying to do is cobble a cable to
> > go from the DRO to new scale which has the mini USB connector on it
> > rather than the old four strip connector in it.  I'm figuring the mini
> > USB will probably be a much better connection than the old one could
> > ever be.
> >
> > Mark
>
> Thats debatable Mark. I have an older Nikon D-100 Coolpix camera with one
> of the many variations of the mini-usb socket, and discovered quite early
> in its history that If I wanted to get pix out of it with digikam, that
> it had to be standing on the face of its lens with the data cable hanging
> straight down off the edge of the desktop if I wanted a connection.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett.

Gene,

If you'd seen the really cheesy cable connector that goes into the old
style Chinese scales, the mini USB connector it a vast improvement.  The
nice thing about the cable into the scales is they rarely get disconnected
so once in place, there's virtually no wear and tear on the connectors.

Mark