On 7/5/22 07:57, andy pugh wrote:
On Mon, 4 Jul 2022 at 17:15, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:

So, I'm looking at an AMC 16A20
amp for the Z (16 A peak 8A continuous).
Have you thought about using a Pico-systems servo amp?
(Or is the voltage too high?)

I'm using 2 of those PWM-Servo's to drive spindle motors to around 3x their
rated power. With current limits of around 17 amps, running at 126 volts dc,
but peaking during a direction reversal (rigid tapping) at 165-170 volts,
for years now.

Zero problems. You make good stuff Jon.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)