On 7/12/2022 7:47 AM, andy pugh wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2022 at 13:39, Todd Zuercher <to...@pgrahamdunn.com> wrote:

Andy,

Just happened to be reading a servo drive manual yesterday that I think
mentions just the part your looking for.

"Mill Max P/N 8427" it is a single pin socket

Well, sort-of. The thing is that there would be 240 holes but only 8
connections needed, so having the plugs be the expensive bit makes more
sense.
And I would need a version where the inserted lead can pass through to the
second PCB.

Look for "pass through sockets". These allow a pin header to insert and pass through a connector, allowing you to "stack" multiple connectors on the same pin (assuming the pin is long enough).

Stack two PCBs with the connectors in the same position but with one wired for rows and the other wired for columns and use individual pin headers to connect the matrix points you desire.

https://suddendocs.samtec.com/catalog_english/bcs.pdf

...then all you need is some long 0.025" square headers, but those are pretty easy to find.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net