Hi guys, I hope you are doing well

I need to make some slots on a rotor I'm building and I would like to know
what do you think about fly cutting the slots with one tool only with
reduced feed off course.

The slots are 45 mm deep and 6 mm wide, the rotor is made of 4140 steel (I
attached a basic picture of the rotor). I could purchase the hss disk
cutter off course, but if I can get away with welding and grinding my own
tool it would be great because those cutters aren't cheap and I'll be only
using it for this job only.

The problem is, I'm afraid the carbide cutter will break soon making all
this process a waste of time.

What do you think?

Thanks as always for your help!

Leonardo