Hi guys. Sorry for the late reply and thanks to all for the answers.

I'll try to answer more or less to all in one reply to keep it organized.

The rotor is 125 mm long. Cuts are about 45 mm deep.

I forgot to mention that my universal mill is too small for the job so I'll
be doing this on the lathe (it's heavy enough and has brass bearings with
forced lube so it can handle it). So my idea is to cut the full length in
one pass. My feed is going to be ridiculously slow. I'll be pumping plenty
of coolant to keep it clean and cool. I finally got a HSS cutter that can
do the job (2.5 mm thick). So depending on the finish I'll decide whether I
go till the end with it or if I leave a few tenths of mm for fly cutting
finishing with carbide. The slots will hold graphite vanes because this is
for a dry vacuum pump.

I thought about wire EDM but I'm afraid that would cost more than what I
want to spend on this. By the way, an EDM machine is one good LCNC project
and I would love to build one. There was a guy on YouTube that used his CNC
converted mill to wire cut. He didn't submerge the part but rather flood it
as with coolant.

Thanks again guys for the help :)